Monday, November 7, 2011

Monday Weigh In....

FINALLY the scale moved.  Dang.....I was so ready to call out the fat cell police and tell them to open the damn flood-gates!  So, I was down to 285.4 last Monday on the 1st, then shot back up to 288 the next day, then hovered all week around 287/286/288.  Was SOOO frustrating.  I mean, I know my body is in shock, and it's panicked, and I know stalls are totally normal, but man, it was frustrating. 
But today, today....I got on the scale this morning and finally it was down to 284.2!!!  Actually, the SCALE wasn't down to 284.2, I WAS!!!  It's ME that's down to 284.2.  So now hopefully the scale will keep moving until my next stall, which hopefully will be at least a few weeks away.  I decided that Monday will be my 'official' weigh in and record day.  I mean, I weigh every day, I can't help it, I'm addicted, but officially I will use Monday's weight.  I was going to do Thursday, as that was the day of my surgery, but Mondays seem so much cleaner, somehow.  Weird....
 
 
So can I just say I LOVE my sleeve.  I have to admit I was really worried about the surgery, the chance of a possible leak (very, very rare!), that something might happen to make this not the dream it seemed to be.  But everything has gone off without a hitch (knock on every piece of wood around!)  I honestly often forget I have had this done.  Just last night I reached for one of Baby C’s Reese’s cups from his Halloween bucket without thinking.  I almost wish there were something physical to remind me, like a stomach cramp, or something like a shock collar! 

At first my tummy felt like I had been doing sit ups for three days straight, but it’s now much, much better   My surgeon says that they insert air in between the muscle and abdominal wall which stretches the muscle out, hence the soreness.  A few days ago, I stretched up and out too much while reaching for something and it feels like I tore my muscles in there like a really bad workout.  So I’ve been more sore for a couple days, but even that is now almost completely gone.  And my incisions are healing beautifully I am putting Bio-Oil on them every night and every morning out of the shower. 

So I had refried beans last week for the first time.  I got them through a wonderful little Mexican restaurant down the road from my work, so they are more runny than the canned kind….and they were SO FREAKIN’ good!!!  I asked for extra cheese on top and mixed it all in and it was the best soft, warm comfort food ever!  Good fiber and protein.  And I have lots for leftovers!  More carbs than I thought though….can’t be a regular once I can eat ‘real’ food. 

I’ve been a little concerned for a while since it’s so easy for me to eat almost ½ cup of food at a time, like mashed potatoes, ricotta bake, whatever.  It seems like a lot to eat so soon after my surgery.  I keep reading on the boards that a lot of people can only handle a few teaspoons!!??  There is no discomfort or pain, so I’m pretty sure I’m not overdoing it.  I do still feel like there is a restriction where my esophagus meets my tummy as whenever I eat, it seems to just sit there for awhile.  This concerns me as my leak test the day after surgery showed the contrast not going down at all, not for a while until I walked around the ward for 10 minutes.  It still seems ‘tight’ but it’s not painful or unmanageable and I’m sure it will continue to loosen up, as it has so far.  Drinks go down fine, now, and they used get hung up a bit.  Then again, maybe the esophagus thing is a sign of being full?  Maybe my tummy doesn’t feel full anymore, but my esophagus feels it?  Am I overeating??  Hmmmm…..I’ll have to find out on the boards, verticalsleevetalk.com. 

I  will try to get a pic up of my incisions so you can see how little they are and how well they are healing.  I know I was curious as to how those looked before my surgery.  I also want to get before pics up so I can track my progress month by month. 

Take care, my lovelies, and I will see you soon in my Cupcake (Cheeseburger) Dreams!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment